Industrial sites typically operate around the clock. This often means that these spaces can quickly become dirty and unsafe. Therefore, maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in these facilities is essential to maintain a clean and safe working environment and reduce the risk of illness and injury in the workplace.
What Is Industrial Cleaning?
Industrial cleaning is a specialist cleaning service typically geared towards industrial facilities such as factories, distribution sites, warehouses, and power plants. It’s usually performed on a larger scale than commercial cleaning and involves using specialised equipment by trained professionals with experience working in industrial environments.
Some examples of industries that may require industrial cleaning include:
- Power plants
- Storage facilities
- Distribution centres
- Laboratories Hospitals
These environments often have unique cleaning requirements due to heavy machinery, complex equipment, and hazardous materials being present.
What Do Industrial Cleaning Services Encompass?
Industrial cleaning focuses on a wide range of areas within an industrial setting to ensure the cleanliness, safety, and efficiency of the site, including:
- Large-scale floors
- Loading docks
- Plant machinery
- Production lines
- Manufacturing equipment
- Internal and external windows
- Ducting, vents, and pipes
What Equipment is Used?
Industrial cleaning contractors use specialised cleaning techniques and heavy-duty equipment designed to cater to the unique needs of industrial environments, such as:
- Industrial scrubber-driers
- Floor sweepers
- Steam cleaners
- Power washers
- Dry ice cleaning systems
- Sandblasting tools
- Rotary floor buffers and polishers
- Fogging machines
Why Is Industrial Cleaning Important?
- Health and safety: Maintaining a clean industrial site is essential for employee health and safety as it reduces the risk of accidents and illnesses.
- Productivity: A clean facility can improve productivity by creating a safer, more organised, and more enjoyable work environment.
- Compliance: Many industries are subject to stringent regulations and standards related to hygiene, safety, and environmental protection. Industrial cleaning helps businesses meet these compliance requirements.
- Equipment and machinery maintenance: Industrial cleaning can help extend the life of equipment by removing dirt and debris buildup that can hinder performance.
- Brand reputation: A clean facility is more attractive to customers, clients, and visitors.
Overall, industrial cleaning is a proactive and essential aspect of facility management in industrial settings. However, it’s a challenging and time-consuming job, which is why so many companies choose to outsource it. We have provided industrial cleaning services to businesses across the UK for over 26 years. Our clients include Ibstock Brick, McDonalds, and DSV.
Get a free quote or find out more about what we do here.