When you’re running a busy factory, it’s easy to get caught up in the madness that daily operation throws at you, and the simple, everyday cleaning jobs usually end up on the backburner.
Here we outline the simple steps that you can follow in order to keep your factory maintained in between professional deep cleans.
Devise a maintenance plan
All good things start with a plan, and that includes factory maintenance.
If you don’t have a plan in place, it’s important to take the time out to devise one. It’s helpful to have a plan in place that you and your employees can follow in order to maintain cleanliness and structure.
To devise a maintenance plan, follow these steps:
- Make a list of the daily, weekly and monthly jobs that need doing.
- Make a list of the cleaning products and equipment needed to undertake these jobs.
- Schedule the daily, weekly and monthly cleaning tasks into your calendar to cover a period of six to twelve months, ensuring you have included the deep cleans, too.
- Assign cleaning tasks to trained employees within your organisation.
- Ensure that your employees are briefed beforehand and have undertaken the necessary training to complete their assigned tasks.
- Make a record of when each job has been completed.
Sweep and clean your floors daily
A simple and easy step that you and your employees can follow to help maintain the factory floor and avoid the build-up of dust, debris, and rubbish.
Use a large broom or vacuum to remove dust and debris, then follow with a mop and low PH detergent to clean floors and remove grime.
Check machinery regularly
When you are operating machinery 24/7, you are increasing the probability of spillages, leaks and products build up.
Check your machinery regularly to identify any areas that may need cleaning more often to prevent these issues.
Invest in dedicated equipment and products for cleaning
Have a stock of dedicated cleaning products and equipment such as brooms and mops, for your employees to use, which can be stored in a designated area of the building.
This makes the job much easier for your employees to undertake and increasing the likelihood of the job getting completed.
By following these steps, you can maintain your factory in between deep cleaning operations.
Want to know more about our factory cleaning services? Get in touch with our friendly and helpful team today.