Whether your factory produces food, drinks, clothing, or something else - it needs to be kept clean and tidy.
Why is cleanliness so important?
Firstly, let's establish why maintaining a clean and tidy factory is so important:
- Avoid slips, trips, and falls in the workplace.
- To comply with the relevant health, safety, and hygiene standards; The Health and Safety at Work Act and The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations, to name a few.
- Keep germs at bay, minimising the risk of staff illness and disease.
- Maintain optimum machinery performance to keep
- It's good for morale – no one wants to work in an unclean environment.
What makes for a clean, tidy, and well-presented factory?
- Floors should be clean, and mess-free with any spillages cleared up immediately.
- Machinery should be clean and grease-free.
- Operating lines should be clear.
- Everything should be stored away correctly and labelled.
- Walkways, entrances and exits should be clear of obstructions.
How to maintain a clean and tidy factory?
Create a cleaning plan – This is a plan that details the daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning tasks that need t to be carried out in order to maintain adequate cleanliness and hygiene levels.
In addition to creating a cleaning plan, you also need to firmly put it into place and ensure that your employees adhere to it.
Allocate tasks to your employees - Each staff member should be given responsibility for their own area of the site, and they should be held accountable if it isn't maintained to the required standard.
Get your factory deep cleaned regularly – This is an absolute must. There are places in your factory (think ducting, pipework and high-level lighting) that can't be reached without specialist equipment and will quickly build up with dust, dirt and grime.
Our factory cleaning services
We have been cleaning factories of all sizes, up and down the country for more than 20 years. Our factory cleaning services cover everything from machine cleaning and degreasing to dusting and cleaning ducting and lights at height. Our fully trained team use the latest state of the art equipment for the job, so you can be sure we will deliver the best results safely.
Want to find out more about our industry-leading factory cleaning services? Get in touch with our team today for a free, no-obligation quote.